Balsamic Glazed Carrots
APPETIZER, SIDE, VEGETARIAN, CHILDREN
80 calories per serving | 15 minute recipe
This colorful side can be whipped up in less than 15 minutes and requires only five ingredients. Balsamic vinegar and a little brown sugar form a beautiful glaze that brings out the natural sweetness of carrots. This healthy vegetable contains the antioxidant beta-carotene (a plant form of vitamin A), as well as other beneficial carotenoids.
- 1 Tbsp. peanut or canola oil
- 4 cups baby-cut carrots or 1/2-inch diagonally sliced carrots
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Per serving: 80 calories, 2.5 g total fat (0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 13 g carbohydrates, 1 g protein, 2 g dietary fiber, 65 mg sodium, 10 g sugar, 4 g added sugar.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots. Sauté until carrots become tender crisp and start to brown slightly, about 11-12 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle vinegar and sugar over carrots, stirring to thoroughly coat carrots. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.