Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
20 min prep
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes in half, then lengthwise into wedges. Do not peel (unless you are on a low fiber diet). The wedges should be about ½-inch thick at the widest place. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the rosemary and olive oil.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put in the oven for 5 minutes to heat up. When it is hot, remove from the oven and spread the oiled potatoes onto the sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt.
- Return to the oven and bake on a high shelf. Turn the potatoes from time to time for even browning until they are tender and golden, about 30 minutes.
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 2½-3 pounds), scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 branch of rosemary, stripped of its leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt